Thursday, August 26, 2010

Fleas..

Today my dad is coming to visit.

He's bringing up my desk for my apartment here and a few other things as well as staying over the night. He wants to explore the city around a bit yet. Not sure how I feel about wasting my day not studying but I'm hoping they'll buy me some groceries for me. I'm low on cash and jobless. My boyfriend came to visit me last week and I spent more money than expected. Especially on take out. I want to start bringing food with me to campus. They always say food keeps your brain moving or whatever that phrase is. My Monday and Wednesday classes are going to kill me, that's for sure. A peanut butter and fluff would be awesome, or switch it up with the classic pb&j. Point is...I need food.

In my apartment I'm rooming with 3 other people.
So far I've been here with one roomie, another was supposed to come yesterday but she missed her transfer flight at San Fransisco. I'm in Albany, NY. So, she came today. She's actually from Korea. I'm hoping she will be able to help me out with my Korean.

Classes start on the 30th.



It's really discouraging when you can't find  job, especially when you NEED one.
I moved into my apartment early on the 15th just to get a heads start on finding one before all the other students arrive. No luck. I applied to like 20 places already and I haven't even received one call. I mean, I even have such a great schedule this year too! I can take afternoons 2 days during the week! But, no one....has called.

I was able to get a work-study job at my school. That's 8 hours a week. It's not much at all which is terrible but at least I can look forward to $100 every two weeks. I would go back to a few places I applied to but the thing is I never got my hours for the work-study job yet. So, I'm afraid if I get an interview or something on the spot when I go back, I'll need my hours, you know? I need to know when work-study wants me. I applied to 4 different CVS's in my area, places in the mall, a Party City, two stores down the street, I just don't understand why it's like this. I'm going to have to apply to Walmart next and a few gas stations. I am not a NY resident so I need this job to become one so I can get my tuition cheaper. It's just so frustrating. And worrisome.... I don't want to work with food.... so I suppose that limits my chances, huh?

A few minutes ago I just got a call from Party City. I applied there sometime last week, I believe, and the manager called for an interview. This Tuesday at 4pm. Nervous, especially since I have to take a bus there (if I get the job) but this bus I have to take is sooo picky on the weekdays and it's hard to be on time for it. But I should be fine since my classes Tuesdays and Thursdays end at noon. I'll just be there 30mins early lol. Oh geeze... I need the job, I just hate the idea of how hard it is to get to the place on weekdays.


We also have a flea problem in my apartment now.
I took a shower this morning and I saw all these bits on my legs and wrist. The apartment below us was complaining before, too, but we never had a problem before. At least I believed that. But you really should see my legs.... it's BAD. My second roomie just moved in this morning and now she's a little creeped out about the flea situation. I told Chris (my first roomie) about the situation and we're going to flea bomb the apartment tomorrow but I think I'm afraid to sleep in my room today, too.... how do I tell my dad now? haha

"Sorry, dad. I know you said you were taking my bed for the night while I sleep on the couch, but I would just like to warn you that we have a flea problem. And I think my room is the worst in the apartment :)"

No comments:

Post a Comment