Saturday, December 11, 2010

A new name, a new face; winter romance movie session begins

Judging from everything, I think this needed a new taste.
Life isn't just about living for something amazing all the time. Maybe, it's just learning just how far you can take things and discovering what things can mean to you. I'm not living more, I'm beginning to learn how to.

I got obsessive again. This time with early 1920-1940 themed romance movies. Something about them makes me feel closer to them. Actually I think there's a key word as to why lol but I don't feel like revealing it. I watched a film over the summer called "The Painted Veil". I'm not exactly sure of the significance of the title but the movie is quite beautiful and I do suggest it for anyone wanting a good story. Here's the sypnopsis.

"A British medical doctor fights a cholera outbreak in a small Chinese village, while also being trapped at home in a loveless marriage to an unfaithful wife. " The Painted Veil movie trailer♥


I've honestly never loved such a movie, well AMERICAN movie, as much as this one. Love it sooo much I went and bought the book today!! I think during Christmas break I'm going to look for more romance movies based between those times periods again. Oh gosh, I just realized The Notebook is one of them.... I'm also going to start a movie collection of all my favorites. I was on the hunt for this movie as well when I bought the book but could you believe that Best Buy OR Fye did not have it??? I was unbelievably disappointed. Now I have to buy it online :'( Such is so....


Second movie I happened to watch was "Atonement". This movie was so... I was really heartbroken at the end, coming to tears. Synopsis: "Fledgling writer Briony Tallis, as a 13-year-old, irrevocably changes the course of several lives when she accuses her older sister's lover of a crime he did not commit." Atonement movie trailer♥

I hear it's a confusing movie and is needed to watch about three times before you can grasp its portraying of the story and I can understand why many would say that as well. But I understood it just perfectly. Sure, there was a part, especially in the beginning where I was like, "Wait, you mean you just went backwards now?" and then I realized what was going on and I kinda just got used to it. Clearly not as such an amazing story as The Painted Veil but I give this movie its credit. It reveals something deeper than The Painted Veil had given. Like... maybe I'm crazy but for what those two people went through.... especially how it went down in the end... I just felt something horrifying but yet beautiful. This story will most likely also become part of my winter reading list. Actually, yes. I will go out and buy it once exams are finished.


Both of these movies will be going into my collection. And so will these novels. I look forward to my next new discovery, my next movie

No comments:

Post a Comment