Thursday, January 13, 2011

Change can be a good thing afterall

I think today was the first day this entire year I felt like I accomplished something. More like, live up to my resolutions. I realized I gained five pounds over break. FIVE POUNDS!! Gosh... all that eggnog... not to mention I bought another half gallon yesterday lol... But the point is, I finally exercised today. I wanted to go for an hour but lo and behold that was clearly impossible for me. Not just because I'm such a lazy bum, really because there's only so much you can do in your room at night and before I knew it my legs just wanted to give out. Yeah, it means I'm pretty much out of shape but I kinda don't want to give myself leg pains for work tomorrow morning either. Two showers a day. One when I wake up, the other after working out. Sounds pretty good. Exercising is pretty important. I've noticed awhile ago but it definitely affects your mood. Well, for that time being at least haha. It makes you feel a little happy, if not by whatever hormonal things being processed in your brain, by letting you know you're doing something to improve yourself in some way. I watched two movies the past two nights. "Supersize Me" and "Killer At Large". Well, "Supersize Me" is pretty well known for it involves eating McDonald's everyday. But "Killer At Large" is more focused to just the obesity problem in America. Honestly, I don't think I'll eat fast food as often as I used to anymore. I mean, the movies didn't drive me away from the fast food industries (how could I deny Taco Bell?! lol), but I know I would be better avoiding them a little too. The main message I received was just that I don't want to be fat again. I was 135lbs, not where I wanted to be but still normal for my height. Now I'm 140. It makes me sick. ugh. I think I'm going to buy some dumbbells one day soon too; my arms are nice and thin, but there's like no muscle.

I'm trying to get a little more organized too. So I cleaned out my desk drawers and bought some extra stuff. A calendar for my wall (New York City Firemen lol) and also a mini agenda so I can write homework and stuff. I had one last year too and never really wrote in it but, I'm thinking since this one is super tiny and can easily take it anywhere and because of the fact I'm trying to get more organized this year, I'll use it. Besides, look at this thing. For 50% off (about $3 in the end) how could I NOT buy it?? :DD

It's soooo cute, right? Always Borders to have the cutest things for the most outrageous prices haha

I also bought some Post It notes hoping to get that "more organized" thing down lol... um, and my eating habits are changing too. Will TRY to eat three meals a day but lunch will possibly be hard to do once classes begin again. But they will be smaller portions. Breakfast will still continue to be my maple sausages lol I do love them so much And from there so far I'm on instant mashed potatoes and canned veggies. Oh and rice. My heart is still Asian so I do need my rice :D

I just feel more refreshed today for some reason. Change can be a good thing. A new job, a new outlook on life, a new view for myself. Only took me 13 days into the year for me to finally get a grip on this. I've also decided to start saving my money a little bit better too. I have so much I need to save up for. For personal expenses and for future intentions. It seems like four different savings in the end but, given time I think it should look less stupid than what it sounds right now haha.

Somehow I just feel so different today. I wish I could explain better. But I want to change everything. This year I just want to try. No. This year, I want to do it all. Life can suck, but I gotta keep myself happy :)

No comments:

Post a Comment