Tuesday, March 15, 2011

I'll hold on to this moment; there's no way, I won't let this go

Shitty past two weeks.
Japan in ruins.
No sleep.
Exams and stress build up.
Overreactions.
Mistakes.

Today is March, 15th, 2011.

I'm tired right now. Very tired. And want to pass out.
It's raining right now. I love the rain. To be able to lay in your bed, quiet, staring at the ceiling or just closing your eyes, and listen... I think that would be considered one of my hobbies. Add someone laying there with me in the mix and the moment becomes perfect.

But as I listen to this rain all I can think about is the black rain that falls down in Hitachi, Ibaraki. A city on an island, recovering from a disaster. All of my friends are in trouble. Even if they write me back that they are fine and that everything is okay, it's only natural for them to say that. But my host sister has been telling me the truth, and she hasn't been telling 大丈夫.

Friday March 11, 2011

Japan is hit with a 8.9 earthquake causing enormus tremors along the northeast and tsunamis soon after. The epicenter was off the coast near Sendai, but the city is now in ruins, thousands now dead. Nuclear power plants having cooling failures, explosions, fires, and the worst of them all, radiation leaks. Another Chernobyl incident on its way? Many say highly unlikely.  All I can say is I pray that it doesn't turn out that way.

I have a few number of people I'm worried about. So far everyone I was able to contact is safe. He's also leaving the country to Hong Kong. I kinda wish he could have come back to America but as long as he is able to get away and be somewhere safe, I'm glad. Besides, I'm pretty sure he's happy to go back to Hong Kong for a little bit. He does have family there and he grew up there. If I was in his shoes I'd be excited.

I've been watching the news, mainly CNN and I would turn back to some Japanese stations here and there but CNN has been my main source so far. The plant issue looks worse and worse everyday I wake up. I'm not sure what will happen to be honest. It seems now it's a 50/50 shot at being positive or negative.

On a side note, my middle school/early high school love is coming out with a new album :)

Sum 41

I heard a few tracks, and they're really making a comeback. It's been quite a long time since they last released anything.

I want to write more but now's not the greatest time. I'm tired. So so tired.

But I hope everyone is praying for the people of Japan. There are a lot of scumbags out there who think they have a right to say stupid things about how Japan deserved this and shit, and you know what, they're just dicks. They're still humans and any tragedy with deaths as much as what we've seen these past four days you should feel remorse for the dead. Or maybe you should have been in that quake. Fucking scumbags.

No comments:

Post a Comment